- You must use a Digital AV adapter to connect your iPhone/iPad to the TV.
- Determine which adapter you need. Does your device use the 30-pin or Lightning connector?
This iPhone uses a Lightning Connector you need the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adaptor
This iPhone uses a 30-pin connector you need the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter (2nd gen)
Note that there are generic versions of these adapters
- Plug the Adapter into the bottom of your iPhone/iPad
- Connect an HDMI cable to the Adapters HDMI port
- Optionally, you can connect your devices charging cable and power box to the adapter to provide power and charging to your iPhone/iPad while using it to display images on the TV.
- With the TV powered off, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an HDMI port on the TV, usually on the back or side panel.
- Power on the TV, select the correct HDMI video input.
- Your iPhone/iPad screen should now appear on the TV