The Priest Laurel Retreat will be begin on Friday, November 10th at 4:30 PM at the Kent Stake Center (KSC) and run through Saturday, November 11th ending at 3:00 PM at the KSC (parents should pick their youth up at this time).
Youth will be assigned to a Comfort Suites hotel room for Friday night, so please see the Priest Laurel Retreat Packing List for a detailed description of items to bring.
All priests and laurels ages 16-18 (still in high school) are invited to attend.
- Friday: 4:30 PM depart from KSC; 6:00 PM dinner; 7:00 PM fireside; 8:00 PM free time (pool, board games, & socialize with peers and leaders).
- Saturday: 7:00 AM continental breakfast; 8:00 AM devotional; 8:45 AM activities & classes; 11:05 PM Lunch; 12:00 PM FUN CENTER; 2:30 PM depart for KSC.
- PARENTS: pick up your youth at 3:00 PM (KSC). Thank you!
Personal Conduct Contract:
Each youth must agree to uphold the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the following rules of conduct:
- Follow the direction and counsel of my stake & adult leaders and class instructors.
- Uphold all church standards of good language, sportsmanship, modest dress, cleanliness, Word of Wisdom, and all other conduct of good behavior as outlined in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet.
- Attend & participate in all scheduled events, activities, classes, projects, devotionals, meetings, etc.
- Leave ALL electronics (MP3 players, computers, tablets, games, game consoles, etc.) at home except for your personal cell phone. When asked by my stake leaders, the youth must temporarily surrender their cell phone to the stake leader as required for specific activities.
- Have good manners, respect for others’ rights, respect all personal and public property, and special respect for any facilities where they are a guest. Youth should present a positive attitude and uplifting demeanor at all times.
- Respect the Comfort Suites and Family FUN CENTER, and be a model guest. No roaming of the hotel is allowed, and all youth will adhere to the “lights-out” policy.
- If youth need to leave the retreat at any time, parents should notify the stake leaders well in advance. Youth may not leave the hotel or fun center without parental & leader permission.
- Transportation to and from the Church will be by the stake leaders – youth are not permitted to drive between the Kent Stake Center and the Comfort Suites and the Family FUN CENTER.
- If youth behavior warrants removal from any activity at any time, the youth will not be able to participate in the remainder of Priest Laurel Retreat and their parents will be responsible for taking them home.