For more information or assistance, please reach out to me:
- LDSJobs.org has been enhanced with several new video conferencing options with the links below providing additional information as well as links to join the online meetings
This website hasn’t quite gone through a name change yet. This site has very valuable help options and our nearest Self Reliance Center is in Renton
- Accelerated Job Search Groups:
The Accelerated Job Search (AJS) program offers daily check-ins to receive support from other job seekers. It also offers opportunities to learn from employment experts, sharpen job search skills, and share job leads. Meetings are 60–90 minutes long.
What to Expect
When you join an AJS group, you’ll participate in daily meetings. Currently, all groups meet online. Daily AJS meetings consist of:
- Skills refresher (polishing up important job-search skills)
- Participant sharing (setting goals and following up on how those goals are going)
- Sharing job leads (job seekers share ideas and networking opportunities with each other)
Outside of meetings, you will be following up on job leads and reaching out to networking contacts. The daily check-ins provide guidance and support from peers, but you will do much of the work needed for a job search between meetings.
AJS groups are facilitated by volunteer employment advisers and job search professionals.
Find a Group
To explore the possibility of joining an AJS group, you can attend an orientation to learn more before attending a meeting.
Check out the schedule and details of AJS groups and orientations.
writing résumés, finding job leads, networking, and preparing for interviews. You can get training on each of these topics by joining one of the workshops. Most sessions last one hour, and all are run by an employment professional.
This workshop explores the latest tips and strategies for creating a powerful résumé. You will learn how to match your skills and experiences with the needs of employers in a way that will help your résumé stand out and get noticed.
Mondays at 1:00 p.m. (Mountain Time): Join the meeting
- writing résumés, finding job leads, networking, and preparing for interviews. You can get training on each of these topics by joining one of the workshops. Most sessions last one hour, and all are run by an employment professional.
Finding Job Leads
Where do you go to find job leads? How much time should you spend searching for jobs online? In this workshop, you will learn the best places to go to find job leads, including how to tap into the hidden job market where most jobs are filled before they are ever advertised.
Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. (Mountain Time): Join the meeting
Networking and Me-in-30-Seconds
Do you know how to talk about your skills, experiences, and career goals in a way that is brief but powerful? In this workshop, you will learn about the power of networking and how to create an effective elevator pitch that will help you to expand your network of contacts and open new doors of opportunity.
Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. (Mountain Time): Join the meeting
Preparing for Interviews
What are the most common interview questions, and how can you answer them in a way that will give you an edge over the competition? This workshop teaches you how to create power statements and explores other tips and strategies for how to have a successful job interview.
Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. (Mountain Time): Join the meeting
In the Ask an Expert sessions, you can participate in an open forum facilitated by one of our employment professionals. You can come with a question about your own job search, or just listen and get an idea of what other job seekers are experiencing.
Sessions last an hour and are held online Monday through Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. Mountain time.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
3:00 p.m. (Mountain Time): Join the meeting
Other Job Finding Networking Ideas
- Utilize existing communication networks, including social media, email, etc. to help get networking/employment information to Relief Society and elder quorum leaders and individual members