And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
On February 13, 2021, during the adult session of stake conference, President Stroud issued a 90-Day Challenge to encourage the stake membership to be constantly setting goals and to “increase in wisdom and stature” (Luke 2:52). This challenge will assist us as we strive to grow and progress in the gospel of Jesus Christ and in our temporal activities and responsibilities. This page is dedicated to this challenge which was introduced during stake conference and will conclude on May 15th. President Stroud has asked that we focus on the major categories outlined in the Children and Youth Program which are centered around these (inspired) four growth areas:
- Jesus increased in “favour with God.” You can grow spiritually by showing your love for God and your willingness to live the gospel.
- Examples: Keep a journal, pray every morning, study the scriptures daily, keep the Sabbath day holy
- Jesus grew in “favour with … man.” You can grow socially by showing love to all people.
- Examples: Serve others, avoid gossip, make new friends
- Jesus grew in “stature.” You can learn to work and take care of your body, your mental health, and God’s creations.
- Examples: Make and eat healthy food, exercise, clean or improve your surroundings
- Jesus grew in “wisdom.” You can study in school, learn new skills, and improve your talents.
- Examples: Develop a hobby or skill, practice teaching, learn how to budget
President Stroud has asked that we pick 1 goal in each of the 4 areas and work on these for the next 90 days. If we complete our goal in 1 category, then we should replace that goal with a new one and keep moving forward. President Stroud has also asked that we provide feedback on our successes to him when the official challenge ends on May 15th (or earlier if appropriate); email is the preferred way of sharing your 90-Day Challenge highlights (lookup his email address in the Member Tools app).
Please see below for additional resources that can assist you on this journey of growth and personal progress and development.
- Children’s Guidebook – PDF
- Youth Guidebook – PDF
- Parent and Leader Guide – PDF
- Continue in Patience – President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Children & Youth Program goal-setting video produced by Sister Amy Jackson of the Crestwood Ward.